The following is for setting up letsencrypt on Ubuntu LTS 16.04 (my server setup)
Once you've got OpenVAS running & you have a domain pointing to your server's IP address:
- Install letsencrypt - sudo apt install letsencrypt
- Install certificate - sudo letsencrypt certonly (and follow the instructions)
Note: I had to allow conection to port 80 on the server to get #2 to work
Once 1 & 2 are done.
- Edit /etc/default/openvas-gsa with your favorite text editor (i.e. vim)
Modify the following variables: ALLOW_HEADER_HOST=yourdomain_here PORT_NUMBER=443 (optional, default is 4000) HTTP_REDIRECT=1 (optional - redirects people to you TLS enabled page) SSL_PRIVATE_KEY=/etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain_here/privkey.pem SSL_CERTIFICATE=/etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain_here/cert.pem
Make sure you don't have any mistakes, typos.
- Restart openvas-gsa: sudo service openvas-gsa restart
- Go to your site: https://yourdomain_here/